CoolSculpting uses freezing temperatures to reduce fat cells in various parts of the physique. We have proudly incorporated CoolSculpting into the non-surgical services at our office. This technology reduces fat without surgery, sutures or scalpels, which is something many people have expressed interest in. Below, we outline 5 of the features of the treatment, but be sure to call us at the number above if you want to learn more.
- Minimal discomfort. The way the treatment works is by lowering fat temperature using cooling panels. The device is placed over the treatment area, and the skin is drawn between the two panels. Some people describe a feeling like someone is gently pulling their skin, but this feeling usually goes away once the skin becomes so cold it is numbed. Once the treatment is complete and the area has returned to a normal temperature, you may feel mild tingling, which will go away within the half hour.
- Short treatment duration. One of the great things about CoolSculpting is how quickly the treatment is completed. Each treatment area takes 35 minutes to complete. These are called “cycles.” You may have more than one cycle completed during an appointment, which would change the length of treatment, but ultimately it does not take long to complete.
- Demonstrable results. The company that makes CoolSculpting says it can reduce fat in the area by up to 25 percent. There is a good history of desirable results, as evidenced by before-and-after images and patient testimonials. Talk to our CoolSculpting team leader for more information about the treatment’s effectiveness.
- Good safety profile. There is a low, low rate of complications with CoolSculpting. You can rest assured we will inform you of the risk of any side effects as part of your consultation. We want each of our guests to be fully informed and educated about the procedures and treatments they are considering.
- Lasting results. CoolSculpting works by destroying excess fat cells via freezing temperatures, without affecting your skin or the surrounding tissues. Once the cells are destroyed, the body naturally processes them out of the body over time. The cells that are gone, are gone for good. But it is still possible to gain weight and enlarge remaining fat cells, so it is important to pursue a healthy lifestyle after CoolSculpting.
Ready to find out if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting?
If so, please call the experienced team at Synergy Medical Aesthetics to schedule a one-on-one complimentary consultation. You can reach our Nanaimo practice by calling 250-591-1566, or by completing the contact form on this page. Our team look forward to meeting you to discuss your non-surgical options for reducing excess fat cells.