Excessive sweating can complicate your life and lead to physical discomfort and emotional anxiety. Fortunately, experienced Aesthetic Nurse Injector Matt Mehrassa, RN can help reduce your sweating and improve your confidence in social and professional interactions.
If you live in Central Vancouver Island and suffer from hyperhidrosis, Synergy Medical Aesthetics’ state-of-the-art office in Lantzville can help. Call us today at 250-591-1566 to schedule a consultation with Matt.
What Is Hyperhidrosis?
Hyperhidrosis is a condition that refers to excessive sweating in the armpits, hands or feet. Those who experience the condition have the same perspiration triggers as everyone else, such as exercise, stress and heat, but they tend to also sweat unpredictably and severely throughout the day regardless of weather, emotions or activity level.
Should I Consider Hyperhidrosis Treatment?
If you experience excessive sweating and wonder if you should consider treatment for hyperhidrosis, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does perspiration seem to occupy your thoughts and plans?
- Do you avoid shaking hands for fear of embarrassment?
- Do you constantly keep your arms down so no one will notice your sweat stains?
- Are you self-conscious in intimate situations because you’re afraid of sweating too much?
- Do you avoid certain clothing because you fear unsightly perspiration stains?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should consider scheduling a confidential consultation and assessment with Nurse Matt. He will evaluate your condition, answer your questions and explain all of your treatment options.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment Options
There are a number of ways to approach hyperhidrosis. Nurse Matt is an experienced Injector and he will thoroughly evaluate your unique condition to understand the triggers and underlying medical reasons for your hyperhidrosis. Depending on your individual situation, he may recommend:
- BOTOX® injections to block the nerves that stimulate sweat glands
- Oral medications to decrease sweating
- Prescription-strength antiperspirant for the underarms, feet or hands
We understand what a personal issue excessive sweating can be. At Synergy Medical Aesthetics, we will always treat you with dignity and professionalism. You will always be assessed and treated as an individual, and never as just another number. Nurse Matt is committed to developing a customized non-surgical treatment plan that suits your individual needs and lifestyle.